With technology changing at lightning speed, it's hard to keep up with the latest advances that make sense in an extreme environment like blue water sailing. But I managed to compile my wish list of
- iPad with Navionics Sonar Charts - very cool crowd sourced depth soundings on the standard Navionics charts
- McMurdo SmartFind or Kannad SafeLink AIS gps for enhanced MOB retreival
- SnowLizard SLXtreme case for iPad
- Bad Elf’s GPS+GLONASS receiver - Bluetooth GPS + GLONASS Receiver & Datalogger with Barometric Sensor, USB File System Support, and Streaming NMEA GPS Output for iPod touch, iPhone, and iPad
- NUU Wake Waterproof Bluetooth Wireless Speaker – lightweight and even floats with good sound and simple functionality
- Standard Horizon HX870 Radio - FLOATING 6 Watt Handheld VHF with internal GPS receiver
- GoPro Hero4 Black Camera – 12MP waterproof to 131’ (40m)
- Wind Meter for Smartphones - an anemometer accessory by Vaavud
- Ultima Stretch Sea Boot by Dubarry - waterproof, fully breathable sailing boots are designed for extra warmth.
- Helmsman gloves by Gill – waterproof but super grip and dexterity
- Petzl Tikka Plus LED Headlamp uses lightweight lithium batteries
- Laser Flare - Lightning Electronic Flare or ODEO MK3 LED Flare both visible to 100 mi
- Ultra Anchor with Ultra swivel --very shiny and works great, too. Sets fast, holds tight, and comes up in the right orientation!
- Iridium Go global satellite wifi hub for mobile communications
- Merrell Aquaterra Nymph water shoes -- super grippy and super comfy!
And if I had not written it myself, I'd like a copy of "Happy Hooking. The Art of Anchoring." in my stocking.