Have kayak, will paddle!

Heading out the inlet at Ross

We haven't been able to sail since we can't launch the boat -- it's about 3 hours away in another county but we're only allowed to travel 20 km or within our county. But the weather has been amazing. Calm, warm and dry for weeks. So I've used my kayak quite a lot lately. It was my Christmas gift from Alex a year ago.

Clew Bay is such a wonderful place for small boating. We have 365 islands to explore. Pristine water,  lots of birds, surrounded by mountains. Plenty of Blue Ocean Mind Therapy where the mountains come down to the sea.

I tend to stay in our inlet but have been venturing farther out lately. I think I will get brave and go out to Inishdaff one day. I just love stopping and watching the sky go by. I love spotting birds I might have missed while out in the powerboats or hearing lambs bleating and the cock crowing on the shore. It's really calming and normalising to be out there at one with nature. I wouldn't want to be isolating anywhere else.

Beautiful weather

The holy mountain, Croagh Patrick

The Nephin wilderness behind the peninsula of Ross House 

The inlet to the south

Puffy clouds and intense blue sky

The village at Ross

Fairy fort

Our wonderful neighbourhood

Croagh Patrick with clouds

I love watching the clouds.

Our house ... no not the ruin. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top 30+ Sailing Movies

Top Ten Books about Sailing (non-fiction)

Top Ten+ Novels Based on Sailing (fiction)