Marina in Bantry
An Ocean Cruising Club friend and fellow member of the Committee Bill Balme was sheltering in Bantry. Since we haven't been there since the marina opened, I asked him for a report. Here's what he had to say.
- Good experience at Bantry - very nice harbormaster, Michael.
- Very small marina - I reckon with all the local small boats, there's probably room for maybe 4 - 6 visiting yachts.
- One female and one gents toilet
- Good security
- Water & Electric on the very solid pontoons. Good wifi - even reaches the moorings (but slow there).
- Cost us €20 per night.
- We were also on one of their moorings which he charged us €5 per night - though published rate is €10.
- Very sheltered harbour.
Looks like we'll have to plan a visit.